when is it appropriate to use the semicolon and why doesn’t the opportunity present itself more often GOD
- emmaw-w answered: yolo
- thetethys-sea answered: i make opportunities for the semicolon. same with this —. big fan of this —.
- cxmeron answered: the answer is all the time. The semicolon is the third olsen twin. it’s been ignored living in the shadows of the used up cooch that is colon
- westernwon answered: when in doubt; over-use
- jergobardley said: “First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you’ve been to college.” - Kurt Vonnegut; “How hideous is the semicolon.” -Samuel Beckett;
- jergobardley answered: “Let me be plain: the semi-colon is ugly, ugly as a tick on a dog’s belly. I pinch them out of my prose.” -Donald Barthelme;
- pizzasluuut posted this